- Side B of Abbey Road is often referred to as The Long One. These 10 songs by The Beatles all flow together and comprise, in my mind, the greatest song of all time.
- I like melancholy music and I love alt-country. Combine the two and you get Uncle Tupelo’s version of Moonshiner — the 2nd best song of all-time.
- U2 has to have a place on this list. Acrobat finishes a nose ahead of Daddy’s Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car.
- If I were a shower/car singer (and I’m not, mind you), there would be no better song to sing than Frank Sinatra’s Fly Me to the Moon. 🎤 In other words, I…love…you!
- My favorite moment in a song comes at minute 2:42 of The War on Drugs’ In Chains. I could listen to this song over and over (and have).
(Honorable Mention: Sam Cooke’s “Bring it On Home to Me,” “Fake Plastic Trees” by Radiohead and Talking Heads’ “Once in a Lifetime.”)
- Play anything Stevie Nicks or Fleetwood Mac, and you have my approval, but Go Your Own Way will always be my favorite.
- I love The Lord of the Rings trilogy. The first movie ends with a beautiful and moving song: May it Be by Enya.
- My running playlist has many great tunes, but Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry is the best. The lyrics and the beat always boost my pace and energy.
- I can easily name 50+ country songs that are all my “favorite” (especially 90s country). If I had to choose just one, it would be Alan Jackson’s Gone Country. There’s no way I won’t be singing along!
- If I ever come across a jukebox (do they still exist?), or if I feel like embarrassing myself with my spastic 🦑 dance moves (I try hard, though, darn it!), you’d better believe I’ll be playing Love Shack by the B-52s.